Thursday, February 20, 2014

Nail Art Feb Challenge- Floral

Ah yes, finally, my favorite prompt: Floral! While I admit that I'm much more of a pattern design person, geometric patterns and whatnot, I'm ALWAYS a fan of a good floral mani! So today's nail art feb challenge features this blue roses look:

I am just so in love with how lovely and delicate this mani is. I've always loved flower patterns and designs, just the colors and the spring-like feeling, which I could really use right now, seeing as NJ is still covered in 3 feet of snow!
 The white base is OPI-My Boyfriend Scales Walls. The roses were made with light blue polish by BK, followed by a medium blue Orly-Snowcone. I used just a little touch of OPI-Keeping Suzi At Bay to add dark shadows and My Boyfriend Scales Walls to add some white highlights
To make these roses I just used a dotting tool to make different sized dots in different shades of blue. After that I just used my small detailing brush and made little lines with my highlighting colors. It was really imperfect, I would just add little lines or blobs wherever I wanted, there was not pattern!
Once I was satisfied with my flowers I used Confetti-Green With Envy and Sinful Colors-Envy and some white to make the leaves with the same small brush.
The blue glitter is the beautiful Zoya-Dream. Also I'm holding a lovely leather bracelet from Spain :P
Overall I love this mani, and I was so sad when I had to remove it. The flowers didn't have to perfect or exact in any way, which made this nail look quite easy. Definitely expect to see this more in the future! 
Thanks for reading everyone!
~Nova

No comments:

Post a Comment