Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Zoya Farah and some glitter!

Hi everyone! So today, instead of studying for finals which I should have been doing :/ I decided to paint my nails. This was a fairly simple rush job, but I thought I would post it anyway. It started with a color a picked up recently, Zoya-Farah. I LOVE this color! Have I ever mentioned how much I loved neutrals like this?
This is such a nice color, it's a sort of tannish color with the ever so slightest tint of an olive green in there. Zoya always puts out such beautiful colors! The formula was also lovely on this, it was definitely a one coater, but I always like to do 2 coats of polish. With smaller nails, a second coat really wouldn't be necessary! 
Now I can never go out with just a plain color on my nails (it's so, yaknow, plain) so I decide to try one of the new untried glitters I have. This is Model's Own-Freak Out! and it's from their Mirrorball collection, which is a collection of 5 crazy fun glitters. Model's Own is a UK brand, so when I was in London a couple months ago, I was excited to get my hands on some of their polishes. I ended up buying 4 in total, and 3 of them are from the Mirrorball collection. I'll be posting those at a later date. 
Freak Out! is a mix of dark fuchsia (lol I had to check the dictionary on how to spell fuchsia I can never get it right!) hexagon shaped glitter, larger dark blue glitter, and teal shard and bar glitter. The bar glitter is slightly holographic but you can't really see it.
 The glitter applied super nicely in one relatively thick coat, and only a little bit of dabbing was required. The only thing I don't like is that it dries SUPER slow, even with a fast drying topcoat. I did a gradient on my ring finger and thumb(I love accent nails!), and by the tips of the nail where I have like 3 coats of the glitter is still not dry and it's been like 30 minutes! Maybe I'm just impatient :P
   Zoya polishes cost $8 on their website (and I've never been able to find them in any stores!) and the Model's own were £10 I think, but you can't buy them in the US :(
So that's it for today, hope everyone enjoys the rest their week!

No comments:

Post a Comment